Sunday, April 15, 2012

Colors of Spring

To me, spring is about new life. It is about repurposing what you have on hand. My husband asks me all the time why I move stuff. It may be a piece of furniture or a wheelbarrow full of rocks. He just does not understand the need I have to create something that looks different or is used in a different way. Now granted, sometimes he is right about the furniture moves and I end up changing it back. And sometimes not. This year I've come across some new and old glass that says SPRING to me. The soft colors remind me of how the green leaves begin to fill the earth with an eventual shock of color. I understand why God started things out in a garden.  
 
After the full mantels of Christmas and then winter, I wanted a cleaner look for spring. I know Easter is done, but a dear friend gave me the Lladro bunny as a gift and I haven't found another place for her yet.


A pre-1900 bottle my dad brought from Natchez. I guess I get my love of "old stuff" from him.
I love the purples, blues, and greens of spring. And the vintage garland I found last fall for Christmas has not left my mantel since it arrived. I have found ways to make it work, because I love the way it shimmers in different colors. See below how it worked through three different seasons?

Christmas



Winter


Spring


I now see that I need something green that is alive on this mantel! Oh, so what's new? Change is good. Blessings to you and yours for good times and sunshiney days to share with those you love.


Becky


Linking to:

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



No comments:

Post a Comment