Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Is for Family

My Easter Weekend began Thursday when I got off work and went to an elderly friend's house to pick up her tax work for my husband. Her home is down a country road, and then down a single gravel lane that crosses an old wooden bridge. It is one of the prettiest homesites in our area. My only sadness in doing this is that my friend is not in good health and that I missed her azaleas in bloom. As you can see from the photo,  I would be almost emersed in springtime glory if I had only gone a couple of weeks sooner.


When I left my friend's house, I headed straight home to a beef tenderloin dinner that was out of this world. Then Friday was filled with yardwork and that night was Mexican at The White House (what we jokingly call our home, since our last name is White) where we started off with homemade guacamole and very spicy bean dip.



Family and friends were all talking and laughing at once while sharing stories so funny you could not make them up if you tried. And they were all TRUE! It was a great night. Saturday was a quick trip to town for some last minute Easter clothes and browsing for props for our next party. We had a great outdoor Sunrise Service at our church at 7 a.m., then had breakfast prepared by our Men's Minstries team, and finally an early worship service. Lunch followed at my mom and dad's home, where the day ended relaxing under my brother's shade oak trees while watching the grandkids and great-grandkids play softball. What a great day for counting our blessings!


We actually returned home with enough sunlight left to finish up photos of a completed project. I showed you the before a few weeks ago...whoa. That is one sad little settee.


After a couple cans of spray paint and a new cushion, it is once again one of my favorite spots to spend a few moments alone resting or reading.



Tomorrow I begin a full week of Spring Break and my to-do list is very long. The weather man says we will have several beautiful days of sunshine and I am planning on filling them with good times.

 Blessings to you and yours,

Becky



No comments:

Post a Comment