Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate, Chocolate Everywhere!

Chocolate cake is my favorite, and chocolate on chocolate is sublime. My husband is a wonderful cook and this is a favorite recipe of ours from The Mississippi Cookbook called Mansion Chocolate. But there is no cake for me today on Valentine's Day. No flowers, no gifts. Not because he did not try, but because I bought myself something I had been wanting. More software. He does not get it, but he allows me to pretty much do as I please. My man is out of town, my oldest son is with his girlfriend, and my youngest son has plans with his sweetie for dinner. I am trying to decide on a salad, egg rolls, or good old Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. You may think it is sad to be alone on Valentine's Day, with no chocolate, no flowers, and no gifts. Not me. Why you say? Because I know that I am blessed and I am loved. My faithful husband will be home soon, and my boys are safe and happy. What else could a wife and mother desire? Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours and blessings for the days ahead. And I certainly do hope you get some chocolate to go with the good times you share with those you love today and every day.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment